Quick Start Guide MP10 Mini
Safety Warnings & Guidelines:
Please read the user manual before using this device, paying extra attention to the safety warnings and guidelines.
Quick Start Guide
The MP10 Mini 3D Printer does require assembly before use, this guide is to assist you in getting the printer up and running for the first time.
Please open the package and verify the package contents; if any items are missing, please contact the Customer Support Team for further assistance. Package should include the following:
- MP10 Mini 3D Printer
- Filament Rack
- Plastic Scraper
- USB Cable
- Memory Card
- Hex Wrench (2mm, 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm)
- 5x M5x20 Screws
- 5x M4x6 Screws
- Open End Wrench (8mm)
- AC Power Cord
- User Manual
- First use the included 2.5mm Hex Wrench and 4 of the M5x20 Screws (2 on each side of the printer), to attach the vertical Z-Axis assembly to the base.
- Now to remove the screw rod that is attached to the left frame rail underneath the bed; you will need to use the 2.5mm Hex Wrench to loosen the screw furthest to the front of the printer (shown as Figure 2, on page 7 of the User Manual) above the wiring harness. Once the screw rod is removed, tighten back down the screw.
- To prepare the stepper motor to attach the now free screw rod, you will locate the upper screw on the top portion of the coupler, located to the rear left side of the printer above the stepper motor and loosen the screw. (Shown as figure 3, on page 7 of the User Manual).
- Insert the screw rod into the hole on the top left portion of the printer and into the coupler where the top screw was loosened on the previous step and tighten the screw once seated. (Shown as figure 4, on page 7 of the User Manual)
- Using the 2.5mm Hex Wrench and 2 M4x6 screws to attach the LCD screen to the front portion of the printer located between the two inner frame rails. Once attached, you will also connect the ribbon cable to the back of the LCD module.
- Use the included 2.5mm Hex Wrench and 2 M4x6 screws to attach the filament holder to the frame located to the far rear left of the printer.
- Now that the Machine is assembled, Power on the machine and go to the Move Menu; on the bottom of the screen, touch Tune to enter the Bed Level Correction menu.
- Next Press the Auto Leveling button. The Printer will now move the extruder to multiple points to measuring the distance between the nozzle and the print bed to determine the local offset at each point. (Please note this function only works for Metal Print Beds).
- If you want to adjust the Global Offset, you can make adjustments in the same menu by touching Close or Far. The Global offset is the distance below 0, at which the nozzle should adjust to, in order to have a proper gap between the nozzle and the print bed.
- *Adjustments to the Z-Axis offset may need to be made once the printing process has started to fine tune the gap between the Nozzle and the Print Bed.
- Once completed, press the check mark on the screen to return to the move Menu, and back once more to return to the Main Menu.
Loading the Filament
- Now that the Calibration is complete, the next thing you will do is pre-heat the nozzle so that filament can be fed into the extruder.
- You will now select Preheat in the Main menu
- Press the Nozzle button, then set the temperature of the nozzle to your target value. (The target value depends on the filament type being used).
- Press the Bed button, then set the Temperature of the bed to your target value. (Like the extruder, this value depends on the filament type being used).
- Touch Start Preheat. The printer will start preheating the nozzle and the heat bed to the targets set value. The option on the screen will change to read “Stop Preheat” and the extruder and the bed will read the actual temperatures.
- *While the printer is pre-heating, you will want to prepare the filament to be loaded by cutting the end of the filament to a 45-degree angle or to a point.
- Touch the Back button in the pre-heat menu to return to the main menu. Next touch the Move Menu and press the Up arrow on the Z column to raise the extruder above the build platform (1 to 2 inches).
- While compressing the tensioner assembly on the filament feed mechanism, insert the spool into the filament sensor located in front of the feed mechanism and through the tensioner into the Bowden connector.
- Now that the filament has been inserted, you will now touch the Down arrow in the E column of the Move Menu, to feed the filament into the extruder. Continue clicking the button until a few inches of filament have been extruded. Use the plastic scraper to remove the excess filament from the build plate.
- Press the Back button to go back to the Home screen.
- Press the Print button on the Home Menu and select the Cat.gcode from the preloaded files on the SD Card.
- *Adjustments may need to be made to the Bed Level Correction before prints are at the best quality.
- CONGRATULATIONS, YOUR 3D PRINTER IS SETUP AND READY FOR USE!
Please sign in to leave a comment.