Safety Warnings & Guidelines:
Please read the user manual before using this device, paying extra attention to the safety warnings and guidelines.
Quick Start Guide
Out of the box, the Mini Delta 3D Printer is ready to print; but like all 3D Printers, there is a workflow involved in getting started. This guide is to assist you in getting the printer up and running for the first time.
Please open the package and verify the package contents; if any items are missing, please contact the Customer Support Team for further assistance. Package should include the following:
- MP Mini Delta 3D Printer
- Filament Holder
- Plastic Scraper
- USB Cable
- 1x Micro SD Card
- 3x Hex Wrench
- Power Adapter
- AC Power Cord
- Open the printer from its packaging and place it on a flat stable surface.
- Start by opening the Accessories pack that came with the printer to lay out all components.
- Before you plug in the printer, you will first remove the strip of Packing Tape holding the extruder assembly down against the packing foam. This is done to protect the printer and components from sustaining damage during shipping.
- Now, attach the spool holder to the side of the printer located on the rear pillar of the printer. There will be two insert holes the spool holder will slide into and drop down to lock on.
- Next insert the supplied SD Card into the printer.
- *It is good practice to have the printer powered off before inserting or removing the SD Card as to avoid any damage to the card or corruption.
- Attach the supplied AC Power cord into the Power Adapter. Plug the barrel end into the printer, and the other side into the wall outlet. The printer will now power on. *Note the Mini Delta does not have a physical Power Switch.
- With the printer now powered on, you will press the bottom right button on the printers control to move right and select Move by pressing the center Select button.
- Once in the Move Menu, move right to the Home selection and press the Select button. The printer will now move the extruder up to its home position, also freeing the packing foam from the assembly. Remove the packing foam, and return to the Home screen by selecting Back.
- Once at the Home screen, select Preheat on the on-screen display and you will be taken to the Preheat Menu. The Nozzle and Bed will display the current actual temperature. By selecting Nozzle, the Current Actual Temperature that is displayed will change to the Target temperature you wish to set.
- Once the temperature is set to the desired value, press the Select Button and the figure shown will now change back to the Actual Temperature, and list the Target Temperature below. Repeat steps for the Bed. The Start Preheat button will now change to Stop Preheat.
- *Desired temperatures for the Nozzle and the Bed depend on the filament brand being used. Generally, for PLA you will preheat to 195 degrees on the nozzle and 45 degrees for the bed.
- *While the printer is pre-heating, you will want to prepare the filament to be loaded by cutting the end of the filament to a 45-degree angle or to a point.
- Touch the Back button in the preheat menu to return to the main menu.
- Next, navigate to the Move Menu and select the Extruder button, you will be taken to a new window that displays the Move Controls for the filament feed mechanism. The UP function will retract the filament out of the extruder, DOWN will feed filament into the extruder, the Center selection is to go back.
- Before using the controls, while holding down the tensioner assembly on the filament feed mechanism located to the upper right side of the printer, insert the spool through the tensioner into the Bowden connector.
- With the filament inserted and able to move inward freely, using the on screen controls, press the Down arrow to now feed the filament into the extruder. You will want to extrude 2 to 3 inches of filament all the way through the nozzle to prime the extruder. *Moving the extruder down physically closer to the bed helps by providing the filament a straight path inside to the nozzle.
- Once completed, press the back button of the on-screen display and return back to the printers Move menu, then navigating to the back button on the far right to return back to the Printer Main Menu.
- Now that the filament has been loaded into the printer, pressing the Print Menu button on the home screen will take you to the SD Card contents. Here you will now select Auto00.g as this is the supplied test print file for the printer. The unit will now begin the Print.
CONGRATULATIONS, YOUR 3D PRINTER IS SETUP AND READY FOR USE!